GIFF stands for Göteborg International Film Festival. Since I moved to Göteborg, I have attended all the festivals but never as much as I will this year (2011). I booked 16 screenings!
- Valzer (2007) : very interesting Italian film made of 2 very long takes in a hotel, mixing different small stories.
- a spanish movie (can’t remember the name!) : a company goes to the countryside for a seminar, and all the secrets gets revealed
- Liverpool : a very depressing and bad Argentinian film
- Parlez-moi de la pluie (2008) : a French comedy, not the best one of the duo Bacri-Jaoui.
- Idiots and Angels (2008) a wonderful dark animated movie of Bill Plympton.
- Borderline (2008) : filmed in Montréal, very innovative storytelling and visuals.
- Agora (2009) directed by Alejandro Amenábar : at the time I was disappointed by this Hollywood film, though the reconstitution of Alexandria are amazing.
- Cracks (2009) directed by Jordan Scott : in a boarding school the relations between girls.
- L’épine dans le coeur (2009) directed by Michel Gondry : Gondry makes a documentary on his aunt, who was teacher in small villages. Very touching and always creative as Gondry can be.
- Rage (2009) directed by Sally Potter : a very formally innovative film, could be theatre.